Translate

Friday 15 September 2017

More 28mm Colonials

These colonial-era British are for me.  I think they are from the Wargames Foundry Boer War range, but will be suitable for any colonial action of the late 19th and early 20th centuries.  I think these will be great patrolling the NW Frontier of India, when they aren't in action in Africa.

Please excuse the cluttered background to the photos - I've snapped them on the painting table as I've only just finished the basing.




Continuing the 28mm theme, I'm planning on running an after school club at our local junior school, for 9-11 year olds and Frostgrave seems to offer a possible quick and easy game for the youngsters to pick up and hopefully enjoy.  Here are Northstar Miniatures figures with (L-R) a wizards apprentice, a thaumateurge wizard, a knight and a Templar.  I have a Saga Anglo Danish warband which can supply various warriors.  So, some more wizards, monsters and terrain needed now.


A pair of female African villagers.


A Zulu-themed Amazon.


I have the first 5 Northstar Gnoll figures on the painting table and the rest of the box waiting for assembly.  I also dug out a very old Monk figure, plus a knight in armour and a noble lady, that were all free gifts some years ago with Wargames Illustrated IIRC.  I'm sure I will find uses for them in the Frostgrave world.

Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment