Translate

Monday 21 September 2015

A pair of Britannia 20mm Scimitars

I bought these from a fellow club member, they are resin castings from Britannia Miniatures/Grubby Tanks.

I painted these in a light grey undercoat, followed by Iraqi Sand with NATO black splodges and gun barrel.  Tracks are German Grey dry brushed oily steel.  Petrol cans and helmets are Tamiya NATO green.  Canvas covers are khaki or German Camo Beige.  Exhaust is orange brown and vision blocks are Azure.  Faces and hands are flat flesh, goggles are English Uniform, with NATO black and oily steel lenses.  Mugs, maps and inside of hatch covers are Ivory.  Weapon barrels are dry brushed basalt grey.  Everything is washed with diluted Army Painter strong tone ink.  Final coat is matt varnish.








Nice little models.  Not too many air bubbles, although the track edges were quite irregular.  These will hopefully make it on to the table for some Force on Force games in the not too distant future.

Thanks for looking.

2 comments:

  1. Lookin' good man. I didn't realize you were into 20mm. I've got a little Modern, quite a bit of WWII. They're really nice, but I didn't need another scale, wish I'd have stayed with 10mm, 15mm, and 6mm...

    V/R,
    Jack

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jack,

    Thanks. Yes, I got into 20mm again a couple of years back. Mainly play using Force on Force and Arc of Fire. Fortunately, I don't need too many figures for a 20mm game.

    Sorry for the delay in replying, but it was the CWC megagame this weekend. I think something of the order of 5 or 6 Soviet Divisions taking on regimental battlegroups from Belgium, W Germany, Britain, USA and the Netherlands. Will post pics as I get a chance to download them.

    Cheers, Andy

    ReplyDelete