Translate

Thursday 29 December 2016

20mm WW1 British desert mounted officer

This figure was a very kind gift from Will McNally (http://willwarweb.blogspot.co.uk/).  I'm not sure what set he comes from, something Colonial/Sudan/NW Frontier (unfortunately I can't check at the moment as Plastic Soldier Review seems to be off-line).  He's perfect for my WW1 desert force, representing British and Empire forces in Palestine, Mesopotamia and, potentially, Southern Russia.  I suspect he's going to be the C-in-C for British Empire forces in Andreivia.


I've painted him in a similar way to my Indian Army British and Sikh troops.  Base khaki grey, heavily dry brushed Iraqi Sand and washed in Agrax Earthshade.  The horse is painted what is fast becoming my preferred version of Chestnut, a base of Mahogany with Agrax Earthshade wash and Ivory hooves/socks.


I managed to finish off a couple more test figures in the run up to Christmas, so will try and post these before the year runs out.  Hope you've all had a great Christmas.  Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment